mardi 10 avril 2012

Le D800 vu par un canoniste - Paul Ward

Le D800 se faisant attendre, il ne reste que le net pour se faire une idée de cet appareil.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/nikon-d800---from-a-canon-users-perspective--18927

Tout de suite la conclusion ;-)

To me, this camera is essentially the one I’d been hoping Canon would release for over a year now! Good image size, decent ISO performance, nice video capabilities and at a very reasonable price for the specs, it just happens to be a different manufacturer.


Point intéressant sur le flux de travail et la conséquence du poids des fichiers


What’s interesting is that now I own one, I’ve found that I’m not shooting with the Nikon all the time... I did a shoot for a web based fashion label yesterday and because they were going to use the images in a smaller format, and taking into account the longer processing times for the large Nikon files, I actually decided to use my old Canon for the job instead.

Quelques points de l'article

But when Nikon announced the D800 specs I just couldn’t resist.

However, I have done a few images that could have really done with being shot on a larger format, like one of the digital medium format systems, and this is where the Nikon could really have been useful.

Obviously it’s going to take a while to get used to some of the controls. 

Also I’ve found that the zoom function itself that aids with focusing when using the live view mode is pretty awful compared to Canon's system.

However, what I do really like is that they’ve included a dedicated switch for the video and live view modes similar to the one on the Canon EOS 7D, which makes switching from picture to video mode an absolute breeze. 

Well I’m happy to say that my initial experiments with the D800 video mode seem to be holding up well compared to my 5D Mk2. I recently shot a complete music video on the D800 which looks pretty good and even did some test footage at ISO640 with the D800 and the 5D Mk2 side by side, and both cameras seemed pretty evenly matched on both image quality and ISO noise levels.

Photo 7D

Photo D800

ISO seems pretty good too.Yes, I know it’s not going to do the very high ISOs particularly well, but to be honest I’ve never really found the need to shoot anything much above ISO1600 anyway, so it’s probably not going to be huge problem for me in that respect.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire